FBI offers up to $20K reward for information leading to arrest of serial bank robber
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA (FOX26) —
The FBI is asking for the public's help in identifying a serial bank robber.
The FBI says the suspect has robbed at least 13 banks in California since 2013. The suspect usually enters rural banks armed with a black handgun. When he approaches the teller, he demands money and, after receiving money, the suspect flees the banks.
The FBI describes the suspect to be a white man, 5'10'' to 6'0'' tall, medium build and in his 20s or 30s.
The FBI says during most of the robberies, the suspect has worn dark-colored clothing and a hat (frequently a knit cap), and has carried a backpack or messenger-style bag. He wore a dust mask during the Walnut Grove robbery and wore wrap-around, sport-style sunglasses during the May 9, 2016, robberies in Weaverville and Durham. During the Arbuckle robbery, the suspect wore a black, long-sleeved shirt, brown pants, and black shoes. The suspect also wore a U.S. Air Force baseball cap with USAF on the back and black sunglasses.
The FBI is offering a reward up to $20,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the "Khaki Bandit."
The FBI says the man should be considered armed and dangerous.
To date, the subject has been linked to the following robberies in rural Northern California communities:
- Oct. 29, 2013; Umpqua Bank located at 3271 Browns Valley Road in Napa
- Jan. 10, 2014; Umpqua Bank located at 3271 Browns Valley Road in Napa
- Feb. 21, 2014; Westamerica Bank located at 13751 Arnold Drive in Glen Ellen
- July 28, 2014; American River Bank located at 26395 Buckhorn Ridge in Pioneer
- Oct. 27, 2014; Bank of Rio Vista located at 14211 River Road in Walnut Grove
- July 13, 2015; Liberty Bank located at 6230 Highway 9 in Felton
- May 9, 2016; Umpqua Bank, 641 Main Street in Weaverville
- May 9, 2016; Tri-Counties Bank in Durham
- September 13, 2016, Umpqua Bank, 3271 Browns Valley Road, Napa
- Oct. 13, 2016, Umpqua Bank located at 540 Amanda Street in Arbuckle
- February 14, 2017; Chase Bank located a 2977 Woodside Road in Woodside
- May 9, 2017; El Dorado Savings located at 10612 Combi Road in Auburn
- June 15, 2017; Westamerica Bank located at 39225 S. Highway in Guala
- December 5, 2017; Yosemite Bank located at 18580 Main Street in Groveland.