MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Carbon monoxide exposure prompts rescue

Courtesy: Madera County Sheriff's Office

The Madera County Sheriff's Office is now warning families depending on generators to keep warm during snow storms.

It had to rescue three people for exposure to carbon monoxide.

Deputies got a call Saturday afternoon that people in the Beasore Meadows subdivision were overcome by fumes from a generator running in a shed.

There is no cellular service in that area.

Someone loaded them up in a side-by-side and drove them to a nearby road to meet first responders.

The sheriff's office then sent crews in to rescue more people at the home, who had been left behind but had not been exposed.

In some areas, snow was six feet deep.

One of the patients was driven to Chukchansi Casino, where a helicopter was on standby to take that person to Community Regional Medical Center.

The other two were driven there.

All three have all been released from the hospital.

The Madera County Sheriff's office wants to remind people that snow can clog ventilation ports on a generator, so please provide enough space for ventilation.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending