Chef Soupy's Spring Roll & Crab Rangoon
Chef Soupy, from Table Mountain Casino, located in Friant, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious dishes.
- 50 grams rice noodles (or rice vermicelli)
- 10 spring roll rice wrappers
- 10 prawns
- 4 oz. roasted pork loin
- 1 ? tablespoons fresh Thai basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1 ? tablespoons fish sauce
- 50 milliliters warm water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanuts chopped
- Boil rice vermicelli for 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain. Rinse thoroughly with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the warm water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. Place 3 prawn halves and 1 oz. of pork loin, a handful of noodles, basil, mint, and lettuce into the wrapper, leaving about 5 cm (2 inches) uncovered on each side.
- Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat or imitation crabmeat
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 pot cooking oil
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Preheat the cooking oil to 300 degrees.
- Combine garlic, cream cheese, crab, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce in a bowl. To prevent wonton skins from drying, prepare only 1 or 2 Rangoon at a time. Place 1 teaspoon of filling onto the center of each wonton skin. Moisten the edges with egg wash and fold the wonton skin diagonally to form a triangle, pressing edges to seal. Moisten one of the bottom corners. Create a crown by pulling both bottom corners together and sealing. Arrange the Rangoon on the baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Deep fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Simple Food made with Love!