Chef Soupy's Prime Rib & Cranberry Cheese Cake
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Soupy, from Eagles Landing Restaurant at Table Mountain Casino in Friant visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious dishes.
Click here to visit Table Mountain Casino online.
Click here to follow on Instagram.
Smoked Prime Rib
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (5 pound) prime rib roast
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon of fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Rub the Dijon mustard on the meat and then sprinkle salt over the entire roast and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate, 4 hours to 24 hours.
- Combine olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, and paprika, together in a bowl. Set aside for flavors to blend, at least 1 hour.
- Pour most of the oil mixture over the roast and massage into the top and sides of meat. Flip the roast and pour remaining oil mixture over roast and massage. Place roast on a plate and refrigerate, 1 hour to 12 hours.
- Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of roast. Place roast into the smoker and roast until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F (63 degrees C), 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) to 550 degrees F (288 degrees C).
- Bake the roast in the preheated oven until crust is crunchy, produced a reverse sear, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow roast to rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Cranberry Cheese Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice until smooth. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour and beat well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add vanilla; beat until blended. Pour two-thirds of the filling over crust. Top with half of the cranberry mixture (cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture). Carefully spoon remaining filling on top. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set in a water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Spoon remaining cranberry mixture over cheesecake.
Simple Food Made with Love!