Chef Soupy's Holiday Ham, Steak & Lobster
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Soupy, from Table Mountain Casino, located in Friant, will join us to prepare some delicious dishes.
Click here to visit Table Mountain online.
Click here to follow on Instagram.
- 1 spiral ham
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 20-30 whole cloves
- 2 cans sliced pineapple rings
- 1 cup Maraschino cherries
- 4 cups brown sugar/ half for mixture and half for glaze
- 1 Tbsp. of garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. of onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. of white pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Rub the ham with all of the ingredients, on all sides.
- Bake in a 300°F oven, allowing about 30-45 minutes per pound.
- Continue roasting until a thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F. Be sure the thermometer is not touching the bone.
- To prepare the ham glaze, combine brown sugar and pineapple juice with all the drippings. Add more juice if needed.
- Place a pineapple slice on the ham and Maraschinos Cherry all over the ham.
- Served with mashed potatoes and vegetables
Holiday Steak and Lobster
- 2 lobster tails (6-8 ounces each)
- 3 whole lemons
- ½ block of butter
- 1 whole Filet Tenderloin
- 2 cups olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of whole mushrooms
- 1 whole onion
- 1 whole carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 lb. of red potatoes
- 1. Remove the filets from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature (about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Carefully rinse the lobster tails under cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. Arrange the tails on one of the prepared baking sheets; squeeze a little lemon over each and top with a pat of the melted butter. Cook at 350°F for at least 8-12 minutes, until firm.
- 4. Preheat a heavy skillet over high heat. Drizzle the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear all sides until golden brown. (Approximately 7 minutes on each side.)
- 5. Place all of the vegetables in the pan and cook for at least 5-7 minutes with the meat.
- 6. Add the red potatoes and cook for at least 7 minutes or until firm to the bite.
- 7. Serve with the vegetables on the bottom and the Lobster and Filets on top.
Simple Food made with Love!