Chef Soupy's Crostini and Beef & Chicken Wellington
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Soupy, from Eagles Landing Restaurant at Table Mountain Casino in Friant visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious dishes.
Click here to visit Table Mountain Casino online.
Click here to follow on Instagram.
Shiitake and Goat Cheese Crostini
- 12 one-inch thick slices crusty multi-grain baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, wiped clean, and halved
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet and brush tops with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Bake slices until golden and crispy, 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then rub toasted slices with garlic clove.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium until shimmering.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring every 2–3 minutes until softened and golden brown, 12 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with sherry, scraping up any brown bits.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest; season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine goat cheese, jam, ½ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg; season with salt.
- Spread goat cheese mixture onto toasted bread slices, top with mushroom mixture, and sprinkle with pecans.
- Drizzle olive oil over tops, if desired, and serve.
Beef & Chicken Wellington
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz. of Beef strip
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Season beef and chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Cook in the hot water bath until almost cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Place onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the same skillet; cook and stir until mushrooms lose their moisture and onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out each puff pastry sheet into a 14-inch square on a floured work surface.
- Cut each sheet into 4 equal squares.
- Place a beef and chicken breast in the center of each square on top of each other.
- Combine cream cheese and Dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture over each beef and chicken breast.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture.
- Brush the edges of each square with water and wrap around the beef and chicken.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg, olive oil and butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice in half before serving.
Simple Food made with Love!