Chef Soupy's Beef Lasagna & Vegetarian Pasta
Chef Soupy, from Table Mountain Casino, located in Friant, will join us to prepare some delicious dishes.
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef/ground pork
- 4 cups of fresh marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles until firm to the bite.
- Cook meat and crumble into large pieces. Stir in sauce and water - simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Grease baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange layers in greased baking dish with half of each in the following order: lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarella, and meat sauce.
- Repeat layers in the same order.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes to give it a golden-brown top. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ lb of pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 broccoli floret
- ¼ lb of baby summer vegetables
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 7-10 minutes until al dente (firm to the bite). Make sure to season the water.
- Heat the pan with oil, sauté the garlic.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pesto sauce and cream.
- Add the pasta and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl, sprinkle some cheese on top and it’s ready to serve.
Simple Food made with Love!