Nominations open for Fresno Co. Mother Of The Year
Each year, the Fresno County Women’s Chamber of Commerce honors one special mom with its Fresno County Mother of the Year award... and the time to nominate those special moms is now open!
The President of the Fresno County Women's Chamber of Commerce, Nicki Cerniglia, and Board Member Rachel Ocampo visited Great Day to talk more about it.
Each year, the Fresno County Women’s Chamber of Commerce honors the Fresno County Mother of the Year. Nominations are now open and the application deadline is March 29, 2018.
Selection is made in early April and the luncheon to honor the nominees and winner will be held on Friday, May 11th.
FOX26 Great Day anchor Kim Stephens is the emcee of the event.
The nominee should possess the following qualifications:
- Be a successful mother. This is evidenced by the character, achievements and well-balanced lives of her children.
- Embodies the positive traits regarded in mothers: courage, cheerfulness, patience, affection, kindness, understanding and homemaking ability
- In her life achievements exhibits conduct that exemplifies “the Golden Rule”
- Has a sense of responsibility in civic affairs, religious and/or service organizations
- Is active in service for public good
As a nominator, you may wish to express in further certain details that highlight the nominees’ life. You may wish to do this in your supporting letter:
- Obstacles in life
- Community contributions
- Role in the community
Photos, videos, PowerPoint presentations are all welcome, but not required for nomination and will not be returned. Please refer to the application for required documentation and additional information. All applications must be postmarked no later than March 29, 2018 to be eligible for consideration.
Nominee MUST be a resident of Fresno County for at least 5 years, must have at least 1 legal child that reached the age of 18 years or older and be (or have been) active in the community.