Great Day Kitchen, 7/18/17 - Asian Chicken Salad/Peach Crisp
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Hillori Hansen, from Whole Foods, located in Fresno, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious food.
Asian Chicken Salad with Bowtie Pasta
For the Salad
- 1 head Napa Cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 – 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package bowtie or penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 cups cooked cubed or shredded chicken
- 1 -2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Sesame oil
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ - ½ cup avocado oil
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and zest, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Stir to combine. Slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until dressing emulsifies.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and serve with some toasted sesame seeds on top.
Summer Peach Crisp
- 5 - 6 large free-stone peaches*, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups your favorite granola
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or melted butter
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or Whipping Cream
- Mix pure maple syrup with the peaches.
- Place cut up peaches in an 8 X 8 glass baking dish.
- Mix granola and coconut oil or butter and top the peaches with the granola mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and let cook for 10 minutes more until top is crisp and peaches are bubbling.
- Let cool and serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or whipping cream.
*free-stone peaches are peaches that the stone in the center will separate from the flesh of the fruit easily.