Great Day Kitchen, 7/13/17 - Duck Sliders & Lamb Chops
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Vinnie DeAngelo, from Bella Luna Bistro, located in Merced, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious food and promote this year’s Fresno Food Expo.
The Fresno Food Expo is 5-8:00 p.m. July 27 at the Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center.
Click here to learn more about the Fresno Food Expo or to get your tickets.
Click here to visit Bella Luna Bistro online.
Click here to follow on Facebook.
- 2 6 ounce duck breast raw
- Dry Rub - 1 teaspoon cumin, black pepper and salt
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons cherry jam
- 4 slider rolls
- 1/4 cup Deb’s Gourmet jalapenos in brine
- 1 cup small Napa cabbage
- Coat duck breast with rub and then fry in oil with medium heat.
- Cook bacon until it is crisp.
- Mix Napa cabbage with brine for the slaw.
- 1/2 cup dry cherries
- 1 cup fresh pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook ingredients in a small pot until it appears semi thick (for approximately 15 minutes.)
- Blend ingredients.
- Slice the rolls and spread jam on the top and bottom of the rolls.
- Slice duck breast thin and layer it on the bottom roll.
- Add 2 slices of crisp bacon to the roll.
- Add cabbage slaw to the roll.
- Add top bun and garnish with Deb’s jalapenos on a toothpick.
Big Tony with Lamb Chops
- 5 ounces of cooked fettuccine or angel hair pasta
- Lamb chops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic cloves
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Shaved Asiago cheese
- Fry garlic in oil and then add parsley, tomatoes and crushed red pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and 3 ounces of cooking water to the mixture.
- Salt and pepper the lamb chops.
- Heat 3 ounces of olive oil and then pan fry the lamb chops.
- Add rosemary sprig to pan when lamp chops are cooking.
- Arrange lamp chops around the pasta in a bowl.
- Garnish with shaved Asiago cheese on top.