Great Day Kitchen, 3/15/18 - Corned Beef and Cabbage
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Moneshay “Moe” Platt, from Mojo’s Catering Services, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious food.
Click here to learn more about MoJo's Catering or call (559) 975-7238.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 (2-6lb) Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 tsp of Peppercorn
- 2 to 4 Dry Bay Leaves
- 1 to 3 heads of Fresh Lettuce
- 1 to 12 medium Red Potatoes
- 1lb bag of Carrots
- 1 bunch of fresh Parsley
- 2 sticks of Real Butter, Unsalted
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves
- 1 medium Fresh Sweet Onion
- Whole Grain Mustard (whatever floats your boat)
- Use Rye Bread, Corn Bread or Irish Soda Bread
- Use a Large Dutch Oven or Stock Pot. This will hold everything at once.
- Place Brisket best side up in the bottom of the pot. Please don't rinse the meat. You'll take the marinade off.
- Cover Brisket generously in water (Optional: and a bottle of beer to add flavor and is a tenderizer.)
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hrs.
- Get your red potatoes. Wash them and take any roots or bad coloring off. Put them in the pot, on top of meat for approximately 20 mins.
- Get your carrots clean and cut them into 3rds and put them in the pot on top of the potatoes and cover them back up for an additional 15 mins.
- Get your cabbage and cut into wedges and put in the pot on top of the carrots for 25 mins.
- Get that juice from the bottom and base the top repeatedly for 5 mins and your done.
- Serve and eat.
You may want to eat with Mustard and Sauerkraut and enjoy with an Irish beer or Irish Whiskey.
Time 3 hrs