Great Day Kitchen, 12/14/17 - Sandwiches
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Tawnie Kroll, registered dietitian with the Clovis Unified School District and creator or krollskorner.com, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious food.
Click here to follow on Facebook.
- 15 egg patties
- 2 lbs whole wheat bread dough (prepared)
- 7 oz. cheese, shredded
- 15 pork sausage patties
- To make each pocket, use 3 oz. of dough and flatten.
- Place 1 egg pattie on dough, with 1/2 oz cheese, and 1 sausage pattie.
- Wrap dough completely around egg and sausage and pinch together into a pocket.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 16 minutes until internal temperature of 165 degrees F for 15 seconds
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 3 lbs whole wheat bread dough (prepared)
- 15 oz. deli ham - fat free
- 7 oz. cheddar cheese, sliced
- Hot n Spicy chicken patty - Tyson
- Roll out a 4oz portion of bread dough.
- Place Hot & Spicy Chicken Patty on dough.
- Top with ham and sliced cheese.
- Wrap dough completely around meat/cheese and pinch together into a pocket.
- Place on lined sheet pan pinched side down.
- Bake at 350°F for 16 minutes until an internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds.
- Wrap in blue lined foil - EACH: 4oz bread, 1 chicken patty, 1 oz ham
Qian Dao Sandwich
((Qiandao Lake, also known as Thousand Island Lake, is a sprawling body of fresh water, covering 573 sq. km. The name comes from the fact that there are over a thousand islands in the lake))
- 3 lbs unseasoned chicken, cooked and cut into strips
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 15 oz. pickles
- 15 oz. red onion
- 2 lbs celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 lb 1000 island dressing
- 4 oz. bread rolls
- Chop chicken, egg, pickles, onion, celery and white pepper into a big bowl.
- Put the thousand island dressing into bowl
- Use 8 oz. of mixture into hoagie roll
(Tawnie Kroll was not able to produce this sandwich because a power outage knocked FOX26 off the air until after Great Day was over)
- 15 hoagie bread rolls - 4 oz each
- 3 cups sliced pickles
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 2 lbs ham - fat free
- 1 lb Carolina vinegar pulled pork
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 15 slices swiss cheese
- Serve with baked french fries
- Cook shredded pork until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Heat margarine on stove top until completely melted.
- Slice hoagies in half. Separate tops and bottoms.
- Lay parchment paper on baking sheet. Use pastry brush to brush melted margarine onto paper. Place bottoms of hoagies on baking sheet.
- Spread mustard evenly on each hoagie. Place 4 pickles on top followed by one slice of cheese.
- Distribute 2oz shredded pork, followed by 4 slices of ham. Put tops on hoagies. Brush with melted margarine again.
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top of hoagies, followed by 4 baking sheets. Two people should apply even pressure to the baking sheets to flatten the sandwiches.
- Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes with one baking sheet still on top of sandwiches until ham and pork reach an internal temperature of 140°F for 15 seconds.
- Once out of oven, wrap in red checked paper and diagonally cut sandwiches in half.