Great Day Kitchen, 10/31/17 - Halloween Treats!
Chef Beverly Gable, from Frosted Cakery, located at 1292 N Wishon in Fresno, visited Great Day to teach us how to decorate some spooky Halloween themed sweet treats.
Click here to visit the Frosted Cakery online or call (559) 917-8880.
Click here to follow on Facebook.
Unicorn Marbled Jello Cake
(with fruity marshmallow filling)
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Box Blue Raspberry JELLO
- 1 Box Strawberry JELLO
- 1 Box Grape JELLO
- 1 tub (or 8 oz container) Cool Whip or Whip Cream
- Blue, red and purple Food Coloring
- 1 Bag Mini Fruity Marshmallows
(Optional for decorating; colorful sixlets and sprinkles)
- Use your favorite vanilla or white cake mix and prepare batter as directed.
- Divide prepared cake batter in 3 equal amounts in separate bowls.
- To the first bowl add: 2 Tablespoons grape Jello powder, 2 or more drops of purple food color, stir with a spoon until smooth
- To the second bowl add: 2 Tablespoons of blue raspberry Jello powder, 2 or more drops of blue food coloring, stir with a spoon until smooth
- To the third bowl add: 2 Tablespoons of strawberry Jello powder, 2 or more drops of red or pink food coloring, Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans. Scoop equal amounts of each of the 3 flavors into liners until 3/4 filled.
- Bake as directed on your choice of baking mix.
- Cool completely.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled poke a hole the size of a quarter in the middle of each cupcake and 1 inch deep.
- Spoon or use a pastry bag or plastic bag to fill each cupcake. (fill just to the top of the cupcake)
- Decorate as desired with buttercream! Makes approx. 2 dozen standard size cupcakes.
Use your favorite prepared whipped topping like Cool Whip or Pastry Pride, approx. 8 ounces
Add 1 cup of fruity mini marshmallows, fold in until combined.