Chef Soupy's Meatball Sandwich & Fried Chicken
Chef Soupy, from Table Mountain Casino, located in Friant, will join us to prepare some delicious dishes.
Click here to visit Table Mountain online.
Click here to follow on Instagram.
- 1 lb. each of ground beef and ground pork
- ½ tablespoon of garlic
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder cup of chopped basil
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 whole tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese ( Mozzarella)
- 5 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, eggs, onion, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well until combined.
- Roll into 2 oz. balls.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up some oil.
- Place meatballs in the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- In a medium pan over high heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and allow to simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in fresh basil just before serving.
- Cut open the sandwich rolls and place 3-4 meatballs in the center of roll and top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and served
- 6 chicken drumsticks or breasts
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 cups cold buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- Mix buttermilk, beaten eggs, and 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper seasoning in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Place chicken pieces into buttermilk mixture and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees.
- Place flour and 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning into a shallow bowl and mix until combined. Remove chicken from buttermilk bath, shake off excess buttermilk, and press into flour.
- Gently place chicken into hot oil, 2 to 3 pieces at a time; fry chicken until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes per batch depending on the sizes of the chicken.
Simple Food made with Love!