Chef Soupy's Clam Chowder & Beef Stew
Chef Soupy, from Table Mountain Casino, located in Friant, will join us to prepare some delicious dishes.
Click here to visit Table Mountain online.
Click here to follow on Instagram.
- 1 pound butter
- 1 yellow onion, (diced)
- 1 cup of celery ( diced)
- 1/2 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 quart of calm base
- 3 cans can clams (8 oz.)
- 2 ounces clam powder
- 1 cup pound clam base
- 1 pounds potatoes, diced
- 12 cups Half-and-half
- Sauté onions and garlic until they are translucent.
- Add flour and butter and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 12 cups of half-and-half.
- Let it simmer for at least an hr.
- Add all your celery and potatoes.
- Cook for another 2 min.
- Serve is a bowl or a bread bowl.
- Garnish with parsley and toasted bread
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash ground allspice or ground cloves
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sourdough bread round
- Brown meat in hot oil on all sides.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice/ground cloves.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and garlic clove.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid.
- Using a separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Mix with a little hot liquid and return mixture to pot.
- Stir and cook until bubbly.
- Serve in a Sourdough bread bowl.
- Garnish with parsley.
Simple Food Made with Love!