Chef Soupy's BBQ Pork Chops & Chicken
Chef Soupy, from Table Mountain Casino, located in Friant, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious dishes.
- 2 (7-8-ounce) pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Place a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Scatter pork with 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Lightly shake the spice blend over both sides of the pork.
- Place pork in the pan or hot skillet, with the spice coated side facing down. Cook for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Flip pork over, and cook 8 minutes or until done.
- 4 8 oz. bone-in chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoons kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of your favorite prepared BBQ sauce
- Remove skin from chicken breast halves and place in a large zip lock bag.
- Combine olive oil, butter and dry ingredients.
- Let chicken marinate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours, in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or cook on a skillet if desired.
- Remove chicken from bag and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and brush a layer of BBQ sauce on the chicken. Return to the oven (or skillet) and repeat brushing with BBQ sauce every 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes longer. (Chicken should have no pink at all on the inside.)
Simple Food made with Love!