Dollars & Sense: Saving when you're paycheck to paycheck
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Derek Elrod, a Certified Financial Planner and president of RB Capital Management in Fresno, visited Great Day to talk about how to save money when you're living paycheck to paycheck.
Tips to cut spending:
- Leave your credit and debit card at home
- Create shopping lists and stick to it
- Eliminate automatic bill pay
- Think annual expenses
Tips to save:
- Establish goals & separate account
- Automatic contributions to savings
- Increase tax withholding on Form W-4
- Save salary increases
- Use tools like Acorn / Qapital
RB Capital Management is located at 986 W. Alluvial Avenue, Suite 101 in Fresno.
Click here to visit RB Capital Management online or call (559) 432-6100.
Derek Elrod is the President of RB Capital Management, LLC and President of the Financial Planning Association of Central California. He received his undergraduate degree at Santa Clara University with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce with a focus on Finance, his Masters in Business and Administration from California State University Fresno, and will have completed a Masters in Financial Planning & Taxation from Golden Gate University in April 2018. Derek is a Certified Financial Planner and also possesses a Series 7 securities license, a Series 66 license, and has a California Life & Health Insurance license.
* Advisory Services offered through RB Capital Management, LLC and securities through APW Capital, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC