Shootings In Tulare County: 4 Dead, 3 Hurt

Hector Celaya

UPDATE, 3:40 p.m. - Authorities say the man accused of carrying out two shootings in{}Tulare County{}has died.{} That leaves a total of seven people shot and four people dead.

Tulare County Sheriff's investigators say 31-year-old Hector Celaya shot a total of 6 people, including his two young daughters.{} Family members say Celaya shot and killed two men and a woman, and hurt a boy in{}separate shootings on the Tule River Indian{}reservation Saturday night.{} Investigators say Celaya then drove off with his two daughters.{} Deputies tracked him down, and investigators say, Celaya then led them on a chase, pulled over, and fired several shots inside his car.{} Four deputies then opened fire on Celaya.{} Investigators say Celaya shot his two daughters, but would not say whether Celaya shot himself before deputies opened fire.

One of the girls, 8-year-old Alyssa,{}was rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.{} The other girl, 5-year-old Linea, was taken to the hospital but is expected to survive.

Stay with KMPH for further updates on this developing story.



Authorities shot a man accused of carrying out two shootings that left three people dead and three children hurt, including his two daughters, in Tulare County.

The officer-involved shooting was reported shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday on Avenue 256 east of Road 216; that's north of Lindsay.

The Tulare County Sheriff's Office says it used 31-year-old Hector Celaya's cell phone to track him down following a mass shooting at an Indian reservation, located east of Porterville, Saturday evening. Detectives say he led them on a chase in a Jeep Cherokee after they tried to pull him over.

Detectives say Celaya fired at them, and that's when they shot him. He was taken into custody and was being treated for life-threatening injuries.

Investigators say Celaya abducted his 5-year-old and 8-year-old daughters after leaving the Indian reservation and later shot them.

One of the girls received non life-threatening injuries. The other was located in the Jeep with life-threatening injuries. Both were taken to an area hospital for treatment.

An Amber Alert that was issued for the girls early Sunday morning was later canceled.

Detectives started searching for Celaya after they say he opened fire, leaving three people dead and a boy injured, at the Tule River Indian Reservation.

Deputies went to the 100 block of Chimney Road after receiving a call of shots fired around 7:45 p.m. Saturday.

Deputies found a man and a woman dead inside a trailer and another man dead inside a shed.

They also found a boy with a gunshot wound. He was taken to an area hospital. His condition was not immediately known.

Stay with KMPH News and as we continue to follow this story.