'Honey Oil' Explosion Sends Man to Hospital with Burns

A man{}suffered severe{}burns after Fresno firefighters say he tried to extract honey oil from marijuana and it exploded.

It happened around{}4:30 p.m. on Friday, at a second story apartment{}at Olive and 8th Streets in East Central Fresno.

Firefighters say the man was using butane to extract oil from marijuana and it ignited, causing a flash fire. Crews quickly put out the fire, but the man received second degree burns as a result on the explosion.

One other person and two kids, including a 6-year-old, were in the apartment at the time.