Exeter Mom Kicked Off Heart Transplant List

UPDATE: Thanks to you generosity Jacqueline Pitchford has raised more than $15,000 for her heart transplant.

If you would like to help her reach her goal of $20,000{}click{}here for her "Go Fund Me" page.

An Exeter mom desperately needs a heart transplant. However, she can't get on the transplant list until she can prove that her family can afford the procedure.

Jacqueline Pitchford is{}in a Visalia hospital where her heart is being closely monitored. The 33 year-old mom found out in May 2013 that she has heart failure.

"My only hope is the transplant," says Exeter Mom Jacqueline Pitchford.

Pitchford was put on the transplant list earlier this year but she was taken off. Before she can get a new heart Pitchford has to prove that she can pay for the transplant and medications. She says insurance will cover 100% of the transplant costs and 80% of her medications. However, she has to pay for the remaining 20% and some of the medicine costs as much as $1300 a month.

"It doesn't matter how much I beg, if I can't show that financial proof, I don't have a chance," says Pitchford.

She's applying for Medi-Cal but it's a long process. Pitchford also has to show that she can pay for the medications without Medi-Cal. She's received help from friends and strangers.

"It's brings me so much joy that there are so many good people in the world and people are wonderful," says Pitchford.

Pitchford says she wants to live, so she can grow old with her husband and see her three children grow up.

"I can't just give up now," she says, "I can't set that example."

Pitchford has to get on a transplant list right away. Doctors say in order for her to get a new heart it has to be a perfect match.

If you would like to help Pitchford pay for the medications she will need after her transplant click here for a link to the{}"GoFundMe" page.