Chemical Spill Kills Worker At Sanger Winery
SANGER, Calif. (KMPH) —
Authorities in Sanger are investigating a deadly chemical spill at a winery.
It happened just before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Gibson Winery, located on Academy and Cherry avenues.
Sanger Police say one of the workers accidentally opened a wrong valve and released ammonia into a confined area.
Other workers rushed to help the man out, but he died after being exposed to the chemical. He's been identified as 28-year-old Robert Munoz, of Sanger.
The Sanger Fire Department, OSHA and County Environmental Health are involved in the investigation.