100 Workers Evacuated After Reedley Gas Leak
REEDLEY, Calif. (KMPH) —
A gas leak Tuesday morning forced 100 workers out of their job in Reedley.
Reedley firefighters say crews did not have the proper digging permits when they were installing sprinklers and hit a gas line at Thiele Technology on Manning Avenue near Buttonwillow.
Workers complained about a strong smell of gas. Gas had been leaking for two hours, officials said.
There are two buildings on the property.
About 70 workers were allowed to return to one of the buildings, but 100 more were told to go home.
It took crews from Southern California Edison several hours to cap the leak.